Stop by the Visitor Center, off Highway 7, for a one-day pass or call 866-984-9963. Hot Springs Village welcomes visitors. We invite you to visit, enjoy our amenities, attend our community events, meet our neighbors and maybe even discover a new place to call home. Hot Springs Village is open to the public. Plan to visit soon!
Visitors playing in Hot Springs Village during their state week will enjoy our amenities at member rates, just show your state-issued ID. Find out more, click here.
2014 Calendar of Fun:
- Feb. 18-21: Texas Tenors
- Mar. 1-2: Little Rock Marathon
- Mar. 1: Rock Porch Sessions
- Mar. 8: Voces8
- Mar. 17: St. Patrick’s Day Party
- Mar. 17: World’s Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Hot Springs
- Mar. 20-23: Inherit the Wind, Village Players
- March 31: The Chef’s Table
- April 1-4: PaGAGnini Classical Comedy Quartet
- April 5: Rock Porch Sessions
- April 12: Collegiate Kayak Fishing Tournament
- April 13: A Titanic Event: Listen & Learn (Meet the Characters
- April 14: A Titanic Event: An Evening to Remember, (Dinner Theater)
- April 18: BJ Thomas
- Apr 24-27: Ark. Literary Festival, Little Rock
- Apr. 26: Kayak Fishing Tournament and Ouachita Rod & Gun Membership Party
- Apr. 26-27: National Real Estate Open House
- May 2: Chamber of Commerce Business Expo presented by NPMC
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo
- May 9: Ouachita Rod & Gun Club Membership Party and MVSA Trap Shoot
- May 10: Warrior Dash 2014 Mud Run, Amity
- May 15-19: Film Festival, Little Rock
- May 23-25: Riverfest, Little Rock
- May 29-31: Couples Invitational Golf Tournament
- June 5-7: The Arkansas State HOG Rally, Hot Springs
- June 14: TRI-the-Village; 3rd Annual Sprint Triathlon
- July 3-5: Stars & Stripes July 4 Extravaganza
- July 11-13: Ike Eisenhauer State Farm Junior USTA Tennis Tournament
- Aug. 16: Back to School Beach Bash, Lake Balboa
- Sep 6-7: MS 150 Bicycle Ride
- Sep. 25-27: Member/Guest Golf Tournament
- Sep. 26-28: Riser Ford Nissan Adult USTA Tennis Tournament
- Sep. 27: Village Walk for Cancer Research
- Sep 30: Chamber of Commerce – An Evening of Wine & Roses
- Oct. 4: Showcase of the Arts
- Oct. 12-18: Golf Week
- Oct 16: Oktoberfest
- Oct. 22: Health Fair
- Oct. 25: Halloween Carnival
- Oct 25: Tour de Village; bicycle event by the HSV Rotary Club
- Nov. 15: Craft Fair
- Nov 15: Chamber of Commerce Fantasy Derby
- Dec. 31: New Year’s Eve Party
Cache us if you can… Geocaching has arrived in the Village! Download the HSV Geocaching Flyer, click here.
Playground of the South
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas, is known for its sweeping vistas, woodland setting and championship golf courses. It’s been recognized as a “Top 100 Master Planned Community” by Where to Retire magazine and as one of the top three “retirement hot spots” in the country by Realty Trac as reported on CBS News.
While HSV has been a golfer’s destination since its beginning, there are a lot of things to love about this growing community. First up is its natural beauty: HSV stretches across 26,000 acres of some of the most scenic foothills the Ouachita Mountains have to offer. Visitors are often awestruck by the rolling hills, tall trees and lush vegetation.
HSV’s idyllic setting is the perfect place to get back to nature and enjoy the great outdoors. No matter what’s on your fun list, you’ll find it here – golf, tennis, fishing, hiking, theatrical performances and more. Plus, there are over 200 clubs and organizations to satisfy almost any creative inspiration or philanthropic desire.
Hot Springs Village is a great place to visit, and a better place to call home. Few communities offer the diversity of lifestyles you can find right here. Choose from lakeside living to a secluded five-acre estate or homes with mountain or golf course views. From townhouses to mansions, you can find the home of your dreams.
Arkansas’s temperate weather, affordable cost of living and low property taxes are additional benefits, and HSV has a safe and secure environment.
• Population: 35,000 residents; 13,500 living in the Village full-time
• Population Over 50: 65%
• Median Age: 65
• Median House/Condo Value: $233,063
• Median Monthly Housing Cost: $1000
+ $36 POA dues
While real estate prices fluctuate day to day, in July of last year list prices for homes ranged from $60,000 to $1,800,000 with a median list price of $225,500. Townhouses ranged from $48,000 to $250,000 with the median list price of $81,900.
Cost of Living
If your annual income is $50,000 in Arkansas, to enjoy the same lifestyle elsewhere, you will need an approximate income of…
$114,315 in Manhattan
$74,869 in Washington D.C.
$69,383 in Los Angeles
$61,180 in Seattle
$59,926 in Chicago
$54,858 in Denver
Property taxes are assessed at 20% of appraised value. For example: taxes in the Jessieville School District (Garland County) are assessed at 42.3 mills per $1,000 (as of July 2013) which will make property taxes about $846 for a $100,000 home.
Taxes in the Fountain Lake School District (Garland County) are assessed at 38.40 mills which will make property taxes $768 for a $100,000 home. Residents living in Saline County (also Fountain Lake School District) will pay about $890 in property taxes for a $100,000 home.
As a resident, you can take a $350 homestead tax credit if your HSV home is your primary residence.
Hot Springs Village Amenities
Our property owners, members and their guests enjoy a wide range of amenities:
Large Bridge Club
Family Recreation Area
Nearby Gaming Casino
Senior Housing & Assisted Living
Ample Health Services
Performing Arts Center
200+ Clubs & Organizations
Zoning & Friendly Neighborhoods
Near Little Rock & Hot Springs
DeSoto Club Event Center
- Fountain Lake School District (K-12)
- Jessieville School District (K-12)
- Computer Club of Hot Springs Village
- UALR Benton Center
- National Park Community College
- Pulaski Technical College in Benton & Little Rock
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Henderson State University in Arkadelphia
Hot Springs Village has doctors, physical therapists, chiropractors, optometrists and dentists. Additional health services include home health, home care, hospice, rehabilitation, assisted living, skilled nursing facilities, ambulance service and medical clinics. Outstanding hospitals and medical facilities are nearby in Benton, Hot Springs and Little Rock.
- Good Samaritan Society – HSV
- Life Net Ambulance Service – HSV
- Mercy Clinic Internal Medicine – HSV
- Mercy Convenient Care Clinic – HSV
- Mt. Carmel Community at the Village
- NPMC Health Center – HSV
- St. Vincent Medical Clinic – HSV
- Saline Memorial Hospital – Benton
- Mercy Hospital – Hot Springs
- National Park Medical Center – Hot Springs
- Arkansas Children Hospital – Little Rock
- Arkansas Heart Hospital – Little Rock
- Arkansas Surgical Hospital – Little Rock
- Baptist Health Medical Center – Little Rock
- Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System – Little Rock
- St. Vincent Health System – Little Rock
- UAMS Medical Center – Little Rock
Emergency and Community Services
Hot Springs Village is a self-contained, full-service community with its own ambulance service, police and fire departments as well as other necessary utilities such as water and sanitation.
Become a Member
Annual memberships, $589 per couple or $299 per single, plus tax. Visit the membership site, click here or call 501.922.5519 to find out more.
Over 200 Clubs and Organizations
Boomers Rock is a social club for baby boomers, those born between 1946-1964. If you’re having trouble finding people of similar age with similar interests then check us out! We have a variety of social events that always include cocktails and Rock n Roll music! Boomers Rock is also working to make sure the Village is and will continue to be a great location for “younger” Villagers.
Events always include rock music and drinks.
The Ageless Bikers Club (ABC Club)
Trying to stay young and in shape? Want to meet some new people and enjoy the outdoors? Consider joining the Hot Springs Village Ageless Bikers Club. They ride three times a week rotating through eight different rides. Each ride averages around 10 miles an hour with many stops. Rides are about 20 miles but you can turn back anytime. No one is left behind.
The Computer Club of Hot Springs Village has always been dedicated to “members helping members” but the explosion of mobile devices, non-Windows devices, and new operating systems have forced the club to expand their offerings. There are now help sessions and workshops dedicated to tablets (including iPad), smart phones (like iPhones, androids, etc.), and operating systems like Windows 8 and iOS6. In addition to these sessions the club offers classes on a number of interesting topics. Starting in February 2014 the club will be teaching classes in Windows 8.